School History
The CMI congregation was started in 1831 by a group of priests of The Syro-Malabar Church, led by Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara (1805 - 1871). This first indigenous religious Congregation of India, did pioneering work in the field of education without discrimination of caste, creed & colour.

Amala English Medium School Moothedathukavu, along with Elamkuttuchira Charitable Trust No. K609/1993 owned by Elankuttuchira family was handed over to CMI SH Province, Kochi on 19th June 2006. Since then under the able leadership of Rev. Dr.Augustine Thottakkara CMI the new President of the Elamkuttuchira Trust, the Amala School moved to CBSE Syllabus.

By the grace of God, Amala CMI Public School obtained CBSE affiliation on 07-10-2008. As per the order No. CBSE/ Aft/ 930790/(SL-0224/0910)72008/192657 dt 07-10-2008, it was raised to the status of a CBSE School. Affiliation No. is 930790. With this, Amala School moves forward with the vision and mission of Bl. Chavara to form the young and the youth for God and Country. Amala School is the latest educational venture of the CMI Kochi province. The CMI congregation provides quality education to children and the youth in order to make them good for God and country.
LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS
Qulick Links
Head Of The Trust
Contact Address
Fr. Jose Alex Oruthayappilly
S.H Provincial House
Rajagiri. P.
Kalamassery.
alexoruthayappillycmi@gmail.com
Ph.No. 4842-911144
Amala School Moothedathukavu,
T.V. Puram P.O., Vaikom,
Kottayam, Kerala.
Pin. 686606
amalapublicschool@gmail.com
Office : 04829 - 211272
Principal : 04829 - 212435